Thursday, June 2, 2011

all that glitters isn't gold!

Do you remember my last post about Ollie's broken leg? How I said that good things have come out of that? Well, I am going to tell you that it has been six days since Ollie's cast has been removed. In these last six days, I have become on frustrated momma. Ollie for the most part still wants to hold his leg as if the cast is still on, I know that this is normal. However, its the little things that he lost when he got his cast that have not come back either. For example, Ollie loves to take baths. We used o have to yell at him to get out of the shower or bath. Well, seven weeks with a sponge bath only has changed that, at least for now. He doesn't want a bath anymore. I practically have to wrestle with him to get him in the shower. ( I don't really wrestle him, I jut get a lot of No's.) Ollie has always been my child that enjoys being outside. He would go out or sneak out every chance he got. Almost the entire time he had his cast on, he begged to go to the playground. Now, after the cast is off, he shows little interest. He has tried a couple of times, but doesn't seem to know what to do outside and gives up and goes back in the house. There are some other things too, like bathroom habits have changed a little. I know that Ollie just has to readjust to not having a cast just like he had to adjust to having one. However it is a struggle to get him to do the things that he once did for himself and knowing Ollie, when things change, Ollie changes and that is that. He is a very strong willed little boy and he does not take to change well. In fact he kept his two cast and Friday after he had his cast removed, he tried to put the old one back on after failed attempts at asking the doctor and nurse to put a new one on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.